Sunday 24 November 2013

Simplicity

This last month has been incredibly chaotic with appointments, extra work, getting ready for Christmas amongst everyday living. I found myself feeling suffocated and by the end of the night when the kids were all tucked up in bed, I would wish there were a few extra hours in the day for me to squeeze extra bits and pieces in.

I feel disheartened when the day is over and there is nothing productive to show for it, but you know what? It doesn't matter! As long as my family are happy and healthy and the day has had laughter, thats all that counts!

It's really made me re-evaluate life, and since returning back to work I lived simply, and basked in the beauty of nature and the here and now. So for the past week my life has slowed down, I've taken to doing yoga in the mornings whilst Autumn sleeps and Jacob is at school, our daily walks have become much more fun, we've had leaf fights in the gorgeous autumnal colour leaves, jumped in puddles and flaked out on the sofa with steaming mugs of tea. Story time has become a candlelit affair with great big blankets, and our home is filled with the smell of home cooking. Life is good!

I'm enjoying this new journey of re-connecting with myself, my home and my family. In savoring the  here and now, and not putting pressure on myself to do a million things in one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment